JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
"Evaluating New Frontiers in Public Opinion and Social Research"
The continued proliferation of new communication media and technologies presents increased opportunities as well as challenges for public opinion, marketing science and survey researchers. Our conference theme focuses on evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of new methodologies and modes of data collection and exploring the implications for our profession.
This includes new methods of measuring opinion and behavior such as the analysis of social media content (e.g., Facebook), blogs, microblogs (e.g., Twitter), and internet searches. We encourage paper submissions that explore the value of these emerging methodologies to public opinion, marketing science and other social researchers, including the reliability and validity of these approaches.
Also related to the conference theme is the use of newer technologies in research such as smart phones, tablets (e.g., iPad), texting, webcams (e.g., Skype), avatars (e.g., Second Life) and other advances in internet surveys. Submissions are encouraged that explore the integration of these newer modes of data collection with existing approaches and evaluate the implications for data quality.
In this rapidly changing communication environment, this year’s conference theme will provide a forum to discuss the implications of these myriad changes for the public opinion, marketing science and survey research professions.
The conference program will also accept research on other topics of interest to our profession including substantive studies of public opinion on social, economic, and political issues, cross-national and comparative research, political polling and electoral decision-making, the impact of the media on public opinion, and methodological research on cell phones, address-based sampling, nonresponse, noncoverage, sampling, weighting, questionnaire design, web surveys, mixed-mode data collection and other methodological issues.
Call for Papers (pdf)
- May 16 2013 AAPOR 68th Annual Conference
- May 15 2013 SAMRA Conference 2013 - The Value of Research
- May 14 2013 WAPOR 66th Annual Conference
- May 06 2013 7th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 02 2013 Combining Traditional and Innovative Methodologies
- May 01 2013 ACM Web Science 2013
- Apr 26 2013 Inference in Web Surveys 2013
- Apr 25 2013 Web Survey Design 2013
- Apr 10 2013 AAPOR Webinar: Defining Hard-to-Survey Populations and Measuring the Difficulty
- Apr 10 2013 The tablet symposium: Examining new media objects
- Apr 07 2013 Asia Pacific 2013
- Mar 28 2013 ISA Research Committee on Family Research RC06, Sociology seminar 2013
- Mar 17 2013 CEE Research Forum 2013
- Mar 07 2013 CASRO Online Research Conference 2013
- Mar 07 2013 10th International Conference on Statistical Sciences
- Mar 05 2013 NTTS 2013 (New Techniques and Technologies for Statistics)
- Mar 05 2013 SymanO '13: Symposium für anwendungsorientierte Online-Forschung in der Betriebswirtschaftslehre
- Mar 04 2013 GOR 13 - General Online Research 2013
- Feb 25 2013 Web surveys for the general population: How, why and when?
- Feb 21 2013 Twitter and Public Opinion Research: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How
- Feb 21 2013 2013 Conference on Statistical Practice
- Dec 14 2012 Unipark User Conference 2012
- Dec 05 2012 Leveraging New Technologies: What We Know So Far
- Nov 04 2012 3D Digital Dimensions 2012 (Online + Social Media + Mobile) Research
- Nov 04 2012 QUALITATIVE 2012
- Nov 01 2012 Quality Online Sample In The New Media Age:7 Keys To Success
- Oct 31 2012 2012 International Conference on Methods for Surveying and Enumerating Hard-to-Reach Populations
- Oct 18 2012 Internet Research 13.0: Technologies
- Oct 04 2012 SAPOR: 31st Annual Conference
- Sep 25 2012 Funky Data: working with unconventional data in surveys and research
- Sep 19 2012 2012 Corporate Researchers Conference
- Sep 14 2012 3rd WARM "Workshop on advanced research methods"
- Sep 12 2012 2012 FDA/Industry Statistics Workshop
- Sep 12 2012 The Fourth International Workshop on Internet Survey Methods
- Sep 12 2012 ISA Research Committee on Family Research RC06, Sociology seminar 2012
- Sep 09 2012 ESOMAR Congress 2012
- Sep 02 2012 ITSEW 2012
- Aug 13 2012 Web surveys course at 1st GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology
- Aug 09 2012 GESIS Summer School 2012 in Survey Methodology
- Jul 28 2012 2012 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Jul 09 2012 2012 Australian Statistical Conference
- Jul 09 2012 Eighth World Congress in Probability and Statistics 2012
- Jul 09 2012 RC33 8th International Conference on Social Science Methodology
- Jul 05 2012 International Multidisciplinar Congress of Educational Research
- Jul 04 2012 International Panel Survey Methods Workshop 2012
- Jun 20 2012 8th International Purdue Symposium on Statistics
- Jun 13 2012 CASRO Management Conference 2012
- Jun 11 2012 Fourth International Conference on Establishment Surveys (ICES IV)
- Jun 11 2012 ESOMAR Summer Academy 2012
- Jun 09 2012 International Workshop on Recent Advances in Time Series Analysis (RATS 2012)