JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
"Evaluating New Frontiers in Public Opinion and Social Research"
The continued proliferation of new communication media and technologies presents increased opportunities as well as challenges for public opinion, marketing science and survey researchers. Our conference theme focuses on evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of new methodologies and modes of data collection and exploring the implications for our profession.
This includes new methods of measuring opinion and behavior such as the analysis of social media content (e.g., Facebook), blogs, microblogs (e.g., Twitter), and internet searches. We encourage paper submissions that explore the value of these emerging methodologies to public opinion, marketing science and other social researchers, including the reliability and validity of these approaches.
Also related to the conference theme is the use of newer technologies in research such as smart phones, tablets (e.g., iPad), texting, webcams (e.g., Skype), avatars (e.g., Second Life) and other advances in internet surveys. Submissions are encouraged that explore the integration of these newer modes of data collection with existing approaches and evaluate the implications for data quality.
In this rapidly changing communication environment, this year’s conference theme will provide a forum to discuss the implications of these myriad changes for the public opinion, marketing science and survey research professions.
The conference program will also accept research on other topics of interest to our profession including substantive studies of public opinion on social, economic, and political issues, cross-national and comparative research, political polling and electoral decision-making, the impact of the media on public opinion, and methodological research on cell phones, address-based sampling, nonresponse, noncoverage, sampling, weighting, questionnaire design, web surveys, mixed-mode data collection and other methodological issues.
Call for Papers (pdf)
- Nov 17 2013 QUALITATIVE 2013
- Nov 05 2013 ISO 20252/26362 Implementation Workshop 2013
- Nov 04 2013 2013 Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research Conference
- Nov 01 2013 NISS Annual Meeting 2013
- Oct 23 2013 Internet Research 14.0: Resistance + Appropriation
- Oct 22 2013 ‘Using Paradata to Enhance Survey Design and Analysis' Course
- Oct 16 2013 2013 Corporate Researchers Conference
- Oct 16 2013 2012 digitalSTS Workshop
- Oct 13 2013 2nd World Social Science Forum (WSSF) 2013
- Oct 13 2013 Print and Digital Research Forum (PDRF) Symposium 2013
- Oct 09 2013 10th International Conference on Health Policy Statistics
- Oct 07 2013 CASRO 38th Annual Conference
- Sep 22 2013 ESOMAR Congress 2013
- Sep 21 2013 2013 Mobile Research
- Sep 16 2013 6th Webdatanet MC, WGs, TFs, Seminars,Webdatametrics Workshops & Conference “Mixed mode and multi...
- Sep 12 2013 3rd International Conference of the Priority Programme on Survey Methodology
- Sep 11 2013 The 5th International Workshop on Internet Survey and Survey Methodology
- Sep 09 2013 3rd European Establishment Statistics Workshop
- Sep 09 2013 Digital Research 2013
- Sep 06 2013 ASC 2013 Making Sense of New Research Technologies
- Sep 04 2013 2013 International Conference on Survey Research Methodology
- Aug 28 2013 AAPOR Webinar: Designing Effective Online Questions
- Aug 25 2013 59th ISI World Statistics Congress 2013
- Aug 08 2013 GESIS Summer School 2013
- Aug 03 2013 2013 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Jul 15 2013 The 5th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), 2013
- Jun 26 2013 Third Italian Conference on Survey Methodology 2013 (ITACOSM2013)
- Jun 25 2013 The Mixed Methods International Conference 2013
- Jun 24 2013 12th International Conference on Sociocybernetics ISA Research 2013
- Jun 23 2013 3D Digital Dimensions 2013 (Online + Social Media + Mobile) Research
- Jun 10 2013 ESOMAR Summer Academy 2013
- Jun 10 2013 MRA 2013 Insights & Strategies Conference
- Jun 10 2013 Researching Families and Relationships: innovations in methods, theory and policy relevance
- Jun 10 2013 2013 Creative survey design & gamification: The art and science of survey design
- Jun 10 2013 Audience Measurement 8.0
- Jun 02 2013 SRCoS Summer Research Conference 2013
- Jun 02 2013 7th International Total Survey Error Workshop (ITSEW 2013)
- May 29 2013 CASRO 18th Annual Technology Conference
- May 26 2013 The 41st Annual Meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada
- May 23 2013 3rd International Conference: Quantitative and Qualitative Methodologies in the Economic and Administrative...
- May 23 2013 Workshop on Longitudinal Research in Internet Panels 2013
- May 23 2013 Automotive Research Forum 2013
- May 19 2013 International Field Director's & Technologies Conference (IFD&TC) 2013
- May 16 2013 AAPOR 68th Annual Conference
- May 15 2013 SAMRA Conference 2013 - The Value of Research
- May 14 2013 WAPOR 66th Annual Conference
- May 06 2013 7th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 02 2013 Combining Traditional and Innovative Methodologies
- May 01 2013 ACM Web Science 2013
- Apr 26 2013 Inference in Web Surveys 2013