JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
"Evaluating New Frontiers in Public Opinion and Social Research"
The continued proliferation of new communication media and technologies presents increased opportunities as well as challenges for public opinion, marketing science and survey researchers. Our conference theme focuses on evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of new methodologies and modes of data collection and exploring the implications for our profession.
This includes new methods of measuring opinion and behavior such as the analysis of social media content (e.g., Facebook), blogs, microblogs (e.g., Twitter), and internet searches. We encourage paper submissions that explore the value of these emerging methodologies to public opinion, marketing science and other social researchers, including the reliability and validity of these approaches.
Also related to the conference theme is the use of newer technologies in research such as smart phones, tablets (e.g., iPad), texting, webcams (e.g., Skype), avatars (e.g., Second Life) and other advances in internet surveys. Submissions are encouraged that explore the integration of these newer modes of data collection with existing approaches and evaluate the implications for data quality.
In this rapidly changing communication environment, this year’s conference theme will provide a forum to discuss the implications of these myriad changes for the public opinion, marketing science and survey research professions.
The conference program will also accept research on other topics of interest to our profession including substantive studies of public opinion on social, economic, and political issues, cross-national and comparative research, political polling and electoral decision-making, the impact of the media on public opinion, and methodological research on cell phones, address-based sampling, nonresponse, noncoverage, sampling, weighting, questionnaire design, web surveys, mixed-mode data collection and other methodological issues.
Call for Papers (pdf)
- Dec 12 2013 1st Southern European Conference on Survey Methodology (SESM) and VI Congreso de Metodología de Encuestas...
- Feb 20 2014 2014 Conference on Statistical Practice
- Mar 05 2014 GOR 14 - General Online Research 2014
- Mar 23 2014 CEE Research Forum 2014
- May 05 2014 8th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 11 2014 Asia Pacific 2014
- May 15 2014 AAPOR 69th Annual Conference
- Jun 16 2014 1st Annual International Conference on Demography and Population Studies 2014
- Jun 27 2014 Mixed Methods International Research Association (MMIRA) Conference 2014
- Jul 13 2014 XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology
- Aug 02 2014 2014 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Sep 07 2014 ESOMAR Congress 2014
- Oct 08 2014 The 2014 IAOS Conference on Official Statistics
- Jul 27 2015 60th ISI World Statistics Congress 2015
- Jun 20 2016 Fifth International Conference on Establishment Surveys 2016