JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
"Evaluating New Frontiers in Public Opinion and Social Research"
The continued proliferation of new communication media and technologies presents increased opportunities as well as challenges for public opinion, marketing science and survey researchers. Our conference theme focuses on evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of new methodologies and modes of data collection and exploring the implications for our profession.
This includes new methods of measuring opinion and behavior such as the analysis of social media content (e.g., Facebook), blogs, microblogs (e.g., Twitter), and internet searches. We encourage paper submissions that explore the value of these emerging methodologies to public opinion, marketing science and other social researchers, including the reliability and validity of these approaches.
Also related to the conference theme is the use of newer technologies in research such as smart phones, tablets (e.g., iPad), texting, webcams (e.g., Skype), avatars (e.g., Second Life) and other advances in internet surveys. Submissions are encouraged that explore the integration of these newer modes of data collection with existing approaches and evaluate the implications for data quality.
In this rapidly changing communication environment, this year’s conference theme will provide a forum to discuss the implications of these myriad changes for the public opinion, marketing science and survey research professions.
The conference program will also accept research on other topics of interest to our profession including substantive studies of public opinion on social, economic, and political issues, cross-national and comparative research, political polling and electoral decision-making, the impact of the media on public opinion, and methodological research on cell phones, address-based sampling, nonresponse, noncoverage, sampling, weighting, questionnaire design, web surveys, mixed-mode data collection and other methodological issues.
Call for Papers (pdf)
- May 16 2013 AAPOR 68th Annual Conference
- May 19 2013 International Field Director's & Technologies Conference (IFD&TC) 2013
- May 23 2013 3rd International Conference: Quantitative and Qualitative Methodologies in the Economic and Administrative...
- May 23 2013 Workshop on Longitudinal Research in Internet Panels 2013
- May 23 2013 Automotive Research Forum 2013
- May 26 2013 The 41st Annual Meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada
- May 29 2013 CASRO 18th Annual Technology Conference
- Jun 02 2013 7th International Total Survey Error Workshop (ITSEW 2013)
- Jun 02 2013 SRCoS Summer Research Conference 2013
- Jun 10 2013 ESOMAR Summer Academy 2013
- Jun 10 2013 MRA 2013 Insights & Strategies Conference
- Jun 10 2013 Researching Families and Relationships: innovations in methods, theory and policy relevance
- Jun 10 2013 2013 Creative survey design & gamification: The art and science of survey design
- Jun 10 2013 Audience Measurement 8.0
- Jun 23 2013 3D Digital Dimensions 2013 (Online + Social Media + Mobile) Research
- Jun 24 2013 12th International Conference on Sociocybernetics ISA Research 2013
- Jun 25 2013 The Mixed Methods International Conference 2013
- Jun 26 2013 Third Italian Conference on Survey Methodology 2013 (ITACOSM2013)
- Jul 15 2013 The 5th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), 2013
- Aug 03 2013 2013 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Aug 08 2013 GESIS Summer School 2013
- Aug 25 2013 59th ISI World Statistics Congress 2013
- Aug 28 2013 AAPOR Webinar: Designing Effective Online Questions
- Sep 04 2013 2013 International Conference on Survey Research Methodology
- Sep 12 2013 3rd International Conference of the Priority Programme on Survey Methodology
- Sep 22 2013 ESOMAR Congress 2013
- Oct 07 2013 CASRO 38th Annual Conference
- Oct 09 2013 10th International Conference on Health Policy Statistics
- Oct 13 2013 2nd World Social Science Forum (WSSF) 2013
- Oct 13 2013 Print and Digital Research Forum (PDRF) Symposium 2013
- Oct 16 2013 2013 Corporate Researchers Conference
- Oct 16 2013 2012 digitalSTS Workshop
- Oct 23 2013 Internet Research 14.0: Resistance + Appropriation
- Nov 04 2013 2013 Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research Conference
- Nov 17 2013 QUALITATIVE 2013
- Jun 16 2014 1st Annual International Conference on Demography and Population Studies 2014
- Jul 13 2014 XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology
- Oct 08 2014 The 2014 IAOS Conference on Official Statistics
- Jul 27 2015 60th ISI World Statistics Congress 2015
- Jun 20 2016 Fifth International Conference on Establishment Surveys 2016