Three prizes will be awarded at GOR 12 in March 2012: Poster Award, Best Practice Award and Thesis Award.
Best Practice Award
Presentations in this field will be part of track 2, applied online market research. A strong focus on applied market research based on a real world case study is mandatory. We prefer joint presentations by companies and a research agency. The abstract should especially make clear what the results add to existing insights and knowledge.
All submissions in this category are considered for the Best Practice award. This is a prize for the best paper from market research.
If you would like to take part in the Best Practice Award Competition please submit an abstract until 15 November 2011 via Conftool.
Past winners of the Best Practice Award:
GOR 11: Andreas Woppmann (MAM Babyartikel GmbH) and Karl Ledermüller (Vienna University of Economics and Business) for their paper "Quick and clever - creating an automated facebook montoring tool for MAM".
GOR 10: Martin Einhorn, Michael Löffler and Thomas Klein Reesink (Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG) for their paper "Media usage patterns of premium customers in the USA, Japan and Germany".
Posters offer the opportunity to present late breaking research, short research findings or discuss work in progress. Posters are presented in a plenary session. A poster may cover any topic of GOR. Access to poster presentations will be possible during the whole conference.
All submissions in this category are considered for the Poster award.
The Poster Award comes with a prize money of € 500.
If you would like to take part in the Poster Award Competition please submit an abstract until 31 January 2012 via Conftool.
Past winners of the Poster Award:
GOR 11: Dr. Cornelius Puschmann, Katrin Weller and Evelyn Dröge (University Düsseldorf) for their poster "Studying Twitter conversations as (dynamic) graphs: visualization and structural comparison".
GOR 10: Barbara Stiglbauer, Manuela Gamsjäger, Timo Gnambs, Bernad Batinic and Herbert Altrichter (Johannes Kepler University Linz) for their poster "Developing and Evaluating a Student Online Panel".
Researchers who have completed their master, diploma or doctoral theses on a topic relevant to online research since January 2009 are eligible to take part in this competition. The thesis language can be either English or German. Three to six master, diploma or doctoral theses will be selected for a shortlist. Authors whose theses are on the shortlist will present their findings at the GOR conference and the best presentations will be awarded the price. The conference fee is waived for all presenters in this category. Submissions should include the thesis as PDF-file, an extended abstract (limited to 7000 characters, about 2 pages) and the agreement to present the results at the GOR conference. The Thesis Awards comes with a prize money of € 500. If you would like to take part in the Thesis Award Competition please submit your thesis as a PDF-file and an extended abstract via Conftool until 15 November 2011. Past winners of the Thesis Award:
- GOR 10: Michael Opgenhaffen (University of Leuven) for his thesis “Multimedia, Interactivity, and Hypertext in Online News: Effect on News Processing and Objective and Subjective Knowledge.”
- GOR 09: Dr. Vera Toepoel (CentERdata) for her thesis “A Closer Look at Web Questionnaire Design” and J. Roselyn Lee (Stanford University, USA) for her thesis “A Threat on the Net: Stereotype Threat in Avatar-Represented Online Groups”.
- May 19 2013 International Field Director's & Technologies Conference (IFD&TC) 2013
- May 16 2013 AAPOR 68th Annual Conference
- May 15 2013 SAMRA Conference 2013 - The Value of Research
- May 14 2013 WAPOR 66th Annual Conference
- May 06 2013 7th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 02 2013 Combining Traditional and Innovative Methodologies
- May 01 2013 ACM Web Science 2013
- Apr 26 2013 Inference in Web Surveys 2013
- Apr 25 2013 Web Survey Design 2013
- Apr 10 2013 AAPOR Webinar: Defining Hard-to-Survey Populations and Measuring the Difficulty
- Apr 10 2013 The tablet symposium: Examining new media objects
- Apr 07 2013 Asia Pacific 2013
- Mar 28 2013 ISA Research Committee on Family Research RC06, Sociology seminar 2013
- Mar 17 2013 CEE Research Forum 2013
- Mar 07 2013 CASRO Online Research Conference 2013
- Mar 07 2013 10th International Conference on Statistical Sciences
- Mar 05 2013 NTTS 2013 (New Techniques and Technologies for Statistics)
- Mar 05 2013 SymanO '13: Symposium für anwendungsorientierte Online-Forschung in der Betriebswirtschaftslehre
- Mar 04 2013 GOR 13 - General Online Research 2013
- Feb 25 2013 Web surveys for the general population: How, why and when?
- Feb 21 2013 Twitter and Public Opinion Research: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How
- Feb 21 2013 2013 Conference on Statistical Practice
- Dec 14 2012 Unipark User Conference 2012
- Dec 05 2012 Leveraging New Technologies: What We Know So Far
- Nov 04 2012 3D Digital Dimensions 2012 (Online + Social Media + Mobile) Research
- Nov 04 2012 QUALITATIVE 2012
- Nov 01 2012 Quality Online Sample In The New Media Age:7 Keys To Success
- Oct 31 2012 2012 International Conference on Methods for Surveying and Enumerating Hard-to-Reach Populations
- Oct 18 2012 Internet Research 13.0: Technologies
- Oct 04 2012 SAPOR: 31st Annual Conference
- Sep 25 2012 Funky Data: working with unconventional data in surveys and research
- Sep 19 2012 2012 Corporate Researchers Conference
- Sep 14 2012 3rd WARM "Workshop on advanced research methods"
- Sep 12 2012 2012 FDA/Industry Statistics Workshop
- Sep 12 2012 The Fourth International Workshop on Internet Survey Methods
- Sep 12 2012 ISA Research Committee on Family Research RC06, Sociology seminar 2012
- Sep 09 2012 ESOMAR Congress 2012
- Sep 02 2012 ITSEW 2012
- Aug 13 2012 Web surveys course at 1st GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology
- Aug 09 2012 GESIS Summer School 2012 in Survey Methodology
- Jul 28 2012 2012 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Jul 09 2012 2012 Australian Statistical Conference
- Jul 09 2012 Eighth World Congress in Probability and Statistics 2012
- Jul 09 2012 RC33 8th International Conference on Social Science Methodology
- Jul 05 2012 International Multidisciplinar Congress of Educational Research
- Jul 04 2012 International Panel Survey Methods Workshop 2012
- Jun 20 2012 8th International Purdue Symposium on Statistics
- Jun 13 2012 CASRO Management Conference 2012
- Jun 11 2012 Fourth International Conference on Establishment Surveys (ICES IV)
- Jun 11 2012 ESOMAR Summer Academy 2012