Three prizes will be awarded at GOR 12 in March 2012: Poster Award, Best Practice Award and Thesis Award.
Best Practice Award
Presentations in this field will be part of track 2, applied online market research. A strong focus on applied market research based on a real world case study is mandatory. We prefer joint presentations by companies and a research agency. The abstract should especially make clear what the results add to existing insights and knowledge.
All submissions in this category are considered for the Best Practice award. This is a prize for the best paper from market research.
If you would like to take part in the Best Practice Award Competition please submit an abstract until 15 November 2011 via Conftool.
Past winners of the Best Practice Award:
GOR 11: Andreas Woppmann (MAM Babyartikel GmbH) and Karl Ledermüller (Vienna University of Economics and Business) for their paper "Quick and clever - creating an automated facebook montoring tool for MAM".
GOR 10: Martin Einhorn, Michael Löffler and Thomas Klein Reesink (Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG) for their paper "Media usage patterns of premium customers in the USA, Japan and Germany".
Posters offer the opportunity to present late breaking research, short research findings or discuss work in progress. Posters are presented in a plenary session. A poster may cover any topic of GOR. Access to poster presentations will be possible during the whole conference.
All submissions in this category are considered for the Poster award.
The Poster Award comes with a prize money of € 500.
If you would like to take part in the Poster Award Competition please submit an abstract until 31 January 2012 via Conftool.
Past winners of the Poster Award:
GOR 11: Dr. Cornelius Puschmann, Katrin Weller and Evelyn Dröge (University Düsseldorf) for their poster "Studying Twitter conversations as (dynamic) graphs: visualization and structural comparison".
GOR 10: Barbara Stiglbauer, Manuela Gamsjäger, Timo Gnambs, Bernad Batinic and Herbert Altrichter (Johannes Kepler University Linz) for their poster "Developing and Evaluating a Student Online Panel".
Researchers who have completed their master, diploma or doctoral theses on a topic relevant to online research since January 2009 are eligible to take part in this competition. The thesis language can be either English or German. Three to six master, diploma or doctoral theses will be selected for a shortlist. Authors whose theses are on the shortlist will present their findings at the GOR conference and the best presentations will be awarded the price. The conference fee is waived for all presenters in this category. Submissions should include the thesis as PDF-file, an extended abstract (limited to 7000 characters, about 2 pages) and the agreement to present the results at the GOR conference. The Thesis Awards comes with a prize money of € 500. If you would like to take part in the Thesis Award Competition please submit your thesis as a PDF-file and an extended abstract via Conftool until 15 November 2011. Past winners of the Thesis Award:
- GOR 10: Michael Opgenhaffen (University of Leuven) for his thesis “Multimedia, Interactivity, and Hypertext in Online News: Effect on News Processing and Objective and Subjective Knowledge.”
- GOR 09: Dr. Vera Toepoel (CentERdata) for her thesis “A Closer Look at Web Questionnaire Design” and J. Roselyn Lee (Stanford University, USA) for her thesis “A Threat on the Net: Stereotype Threat in Avatar-Represented Online Groups”.
- Nov 17 2013 QUALITATIVE 2013
- Nov 05 2013 ISO 20252/26362 Implementation Workshop 2013
- Nov 04 2013 2013 Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research Conference
- Nov 01 2013 NISS Annual Meeting 2013
- Oct 23 2013 Internet Research 14.0: Resistance + Appropriation
- Oct 22 2013 ‘Using Paradata to Enhance Survey Design and Analysis' Course
- Oct 16 2013 2013 Corporate Researchers Conference
- Oct 16 2013 2012 digitalSTS Workshop
- Oct 13 2013 2nd World Social Science Forum (WSSF) 2013
- Oct 13 2013 Print and Digital Research Forum (PDRF) Symposium 2013
- Oct 09 2013 10th International Conference on Health Policy Statistics
- Oct 07 2013 CASRO 38th Annual Conference
- Sep 22 2013 ESOMAR Congress 2013
- Sep 21 2013 2013 Mobile Research
- Sep 16 2013 6th Webdatanet MC, WGs, TFs, Seminars,Webdatametrics Workshops & Conference “Mixed mode and multi...
- Sep 12 2013 3rd International Conference of the Priority Programme on Survey Methodology
- Sep 11 2013 The 5th International Workshop on Internet Survey and Survey Methodology
- Sep 09 2013 3rd European Establishment Statistics Workshop
- Sep 09 2013 Digital Research 2013
- Sep 06 2013 ASC 2013 Making Sense of New Research Technologies
- Sep 04 2013 2013 International Conference on Survey Research Methodology
- Aug 28 2013 AAPOR Webinar: Designing Effective Online Questions
- Aug 25 2013 59th ISI World Statistics Congress 2013
- Aug 08 2013 GESIS Summer School 2013
- Aug 03 2013 2013 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Jul 15 2013 The 5th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), 2013
- Jun 26 2013 Third Italian Conference on Survey Methodology 2013 (ITACOSM2013)
- Jun 25 2013 The Mixed Methods International Conference 2013
- Jun 24 2013 12th International Conference on Sociocybernetics ISA Research 2013
- Jun 23 2013 3D Digital Dimensions 2013 (Online + Social Media + Mobile) Research
- Jun 10 2013 ESOMAR Summer Academy 2013
- Jun 10 2013 MRA 2013 Insights & Strategies Conference
- Jun 10 2013 Researching Families and Relationships: innovations in methods, theory and policy relevance
- Jun 10 2013 2013 Creative survey design & gamification: The art and science of survey design
- Jun 10 2013 Audience Measurement 8.0
- Jun 02 2013 SRCoS Summer Research Conference 2013
- Jun 02 2013 7th International Total Survey Error Workshop (ITSEW 2013)
- May 29 2013 CASRO 18th Annual Technology Conference
- May 26 2013 The 41st Annual Meeting of the Statistical Society of Canada
- May 23 2013 3rd International Conference: Quantitative and Qualitative Methodologies in the Economic and Administrative...
- May 23 2013 Workshop on Longitudinal Research in Internet Panels 2013
- May 23 2013 Automotive Research Forum 2013
- May 19 2013 International Field Director's & Technologies Conference (IFD&TC) 2013
- May 16 2013 AAPOR 68th Annual Conference
- May 15 2013 SAMRA Conference 2013 - The Value of Research
- May 14 2013 WAPOR 66th Annual Conference
- May 06 2013 7th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 02 2013 Combining Traditional and Innovative Methodologies
- May 01 2013 ACM Web Science 2013
- Apr 26 2013 Inference in Web Surveys 2013