Up until about ten years ago, the differences between qualitative and quantitative research could be clearly articulated. But with advances in panel management, text analytics and the kind of inquiry and feedback enabled by Web 2.0 technologies, the boundaries between the two forms of research are blurring. These trends have become flashpoints in a larger debate about sample size, respondent quality and reliability.
Accelerating that (con)fusion is the explosive growth of market research online communities (MROCs).
In this workshop, we’ll define what MROCs are, establish some guidelines for determining when they are (and are not) an appropriate tool, discuss case studies and examples of how they have been used to advance agencies’ and brands’ learning and business objectives, explore and debate the tradeoffs inherent in this methodology, discuss methods for evaluating the success of a community, and jointly develop strategies to employ MROCs in addressing class participants’ immediate challenges.
In combination with Latin America 2012.
- Jun 23 2013 3D Digital Dimensions 2013 (Online + Social Media + Mobile) Research
- Jun 24 2013 12th International Conference on Sociocybernetics ISA Research 2013
- Jun 25 2013 The Mixed Methods International Conference 2013
- Jun 26 2013 Third Italian Conference on Survey Methodology 2013 (ITACOSM2013)
- Jul 15 2013 The 5th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), 2013
- Aug 03 2013 2013 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Aug 08 2013 GESIS Summer School 2013
- Aug 25 2013 59th ISI World Statistics Congress 2013
- Aug 28 2013 AAPOR Webinar: Designing Effective Online Questions
- Sep 04 2013 2013 International Conference on Survey Research Methodology
- Sep 12 2013 3rd International Conference of the Priority Programme on Survey Methodology
- Sep 22 2013 ESOMAR Congress 2013
- Oct 07 2013 CASRO 38th Annual Conference
- Oct 09 2013 10th International Conference on Health Policy Statistics
- Oct 13 2013 2nd World Social Science Forum (WSSF) 2013
- Oct 13 2013 Print and Digital Research Forum (PDRF) Symposium 2013
- Oct 16 2013 2013 Corporate Researchers Conference
- Oct 16 2013 2012 digitalSTS Workshop
- Oct 23 2013 Internet Research 14.0: Resistance + Appropriation
- Nov 04 2013 2013 Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research Conference
- Nov 17 2013 QUALITATIVE 2013
- Jun 16 2014 1st Annual International Conference on Demography and Population Studies 2014
- Jul 13 2014 XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology
- Oct 08 2014 The 2014 IAOS Conference on Official Statistics
- Jul 27 2015 60th ISI World Statistics Congress 2015
- Jun 20 2016 Fifth International Conference on Establishment Surveys 2016