The Department of Statistics at Iowa State University will host a one-day conference on new statistical methods for next-generation sequencing data analysis. Modern sequencing (next and second generation sequencing) technologies are revolutionizing genomic analysis by improving existing high throughput methods and making other analyses feasible for the first time. For example, RNA sequencing provides an uncensored view of RNA molecules in cells or tissues; massive resequencing uncovers genetic variation across thousands of genomes; metagenome sequencing reveals genetic shifts in whole populations or ecosystems; and single-cell sequencing pinpoints genetic heterogeneity in cancer tumors. While the potential applications of the new sequencing technologies are boundless, the extraction of quantitative information from such data is severely limited by a lack of statistical methods. The conference will provide a platform to discuss the latest statistical research in next-generation data analysis and promote potential collaborations for statisticians worldwide. Confirmed speakers include George Casella, University of Florida; Sunduz Keles, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Alicia Oshlack, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Australia; Terry Speed, University of California at Berkeley; Nancy Zhang, University of Pennsylvania; and Hongyu Zhao, Yale University. In addition to plenary talks by these leaders in the field, there will be poster sessions where researchers may present their work related to next generation sequencing data.
- Dec 12 2013 1st Southern European Conference on Survey Methodology (SESM) and VI Congreso de Metodología de Encuestas...
- Feb 20 2014 2014 Conference on Statistical Practice
- Mar 05 2014 GOR 14 - General Online Research 2014
- Mar 23 2014 CEE Research Forum 2014
- May 05 2014 8th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 11 2014 Asia Pacific 2014
- May 15 2014 AAPOR 69th Annual Conference
- Jun 16 2014 1st Annual International Conference on Demography and Population Studies 2014
- Jun 27 2014 Mixed Methods International Research Association (MMIRA) Conference 2014
- Jul 13 2014 XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology
- Aug 02 2014 2014 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Sep 07 2014 ESOMAR Congress 2014
- Oct 08 2014 The 2014 IAOS Conference on Official Statistics
- Jul 27 2015 60th ISI World Statistics Congress 2015
- Jun 20 2016 Fifth International Conference on Establishment Surveys 2016