Codes & Standards
Key issues on security stated by ESOMAR, MRS and ADM
- Researchers has to assure the most up-to date security technologies to protect personal data collected or stored from unauthorised access.
- Respondents must be informed about potential risks on collecting personal data and about the measures to avoid this risks.
- Before data is sent over the Internet to another country, researchers must check with competent authorities that data transfer is permissable.
- If the temporary storage of the data collected takes place on a server that is operated by a provider, the research agency must place the provider under the obligation to take the necessary technical precautions to ensure that third parties cannot access the data on the server or during data transfer.
- Temporary storage of the collected data on the server must be terminated at the earliest possible time.Address data and interview data must be separated from one another immediately on being recieved by research agency. After that the only link between them is common code number. The address data must be destroyed at earliest possible time.