Codes & Standards
The number of open source web survey software is surprisingly small. In addition, the existing solutions are relatively limited.
It is somehow unclear why is this area so weakly covered with open source applications, as they are otherwise very much elaborated in much more complex fields (e.g. Content Management Systems, Browsers, Office etc). This is especially surprising, because of the hundreds of commercial solutions for Web surveys.
Nevertheless, the open source solutions do offer some decent and effective tools. It seems, that PhP Surveyor is the leading solution among open source softwares for Web surveys. It enables all basic features and it is also relatively easy to install.
However, even with this software, it is still awkward to perform some basic web survey features (e.g. branching). It also lacks any modern Web 2.0 features.
Codes & Standards (13)
- Ethical Issues
- Components of "Total Errors" in traditional surveys
- Inference in Web surveys
- Internet Access Panels
- Standards in Online Surveys. Sources for Codes of Conduct, Ethical Guidelines and Quality
- Usability and Implementation Issues in Online Surveys
- Incentives in Web-based Studies. What to Consider and How to Decide
- Choosing survey software. How to decide and what to consider
- Weighting in Web surveys
- Which open source software?