CentERdata (Tilburg University, The Netherlands) and several other partners established the project which aims at building advanced data coellction environment for social sciences. It is aimed at fostering multidisciplinary and longitudinal research in this area and offering the possibilities of gaining knowledge on a wide variety of social phenomena.
The core of the project is representative panel of households who will participate in regular Internet-based interviews. An important aspect of the panel is that respondents who do not have an access to the Internet will be provided with a WebTV. The Internet panel, based on probability sampling, can thus be representative.
The facility will offer the possibilities for important advancement of empirical social sciences. It will take maximal advantage of modern technologies and procedure, offer open access to academic researchers, emphasize the quality of measurement, combine the content of several surveys and ensure quick availability of data. More information can be found on the Project website.
- COST action WEBDATANET
- Position of Postdoc Fellow - Web Survey Methodology Research Group at Higher School of Economics, Moscow...
- Top blogs in WebSM database
- Standard Definitions
- AAPOR Warren J. Mitofski Innovators Award 2009 for WebSM site
- The MESS project
- Web experimental psychology lab website
- Exploring online research methods Web site