In many countries, the marketing research industry conduct comparisons of online panels, where the participating panels include standard block of question, which is then compared among them. Some of the largest studies of this kind:
- The Advertising Research Foundation (ARF), with two studies (FOQ1 and FQQ2), US only panel.
- The MRIA among 14 Canadian panels.
- Pioneer Dutch study NOPVO.
- Callegaro, Lozar Manfreda, Vehovar (2015): Web Survey Methodology. London: Sage
- COST action WEBDATANET
- Web Surveys for the General Population: a NCRM network
- Top blogs in WebSM database
- Standard Definitions
- AAPOR Warren J. Mitofski Innovators Award 2009 for WebSM site
- Free Web tools for researchers and students
- Courses on web survey methodology
- Comparisons of nonprobability online panels (access panels)
- Probability based panels